I’ve been into making home made donuts for a while now and finally am taking the time to get it down on paper and share my recipe with you all! I hope you enjoy them as much as we have! To learn more about cooking and baking, check out www.onlinecookingschools.net for available culinary courses!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a small bowl milk, eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Beat in liquid mix with dry mix until well blended.
- Fill each doughnut cup approximately ¾ full. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Topping Ideas
- Dip the donuts in melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Spread chocolate frosting or Nutella on top
For making my donuts I LOVE these pans! I scored them one weekend when I had a 30% Off at Kohl’s, but you can also get them for a great price on Amazon!
Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan $9.99 shipped with either Prime or Super Saver Shipping!